photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Friday, January 7, 2011

Milk Glass Mania {Part Two}

I had a lovely visit over the Christmas break with my dear aunt and uncle.  My aunt is one of the most thoughtful gift givers I know.  She always surprises me with several little items that she knows I will like.  She's so considerate, and I appreciate the effort she puts into making the gift special.  My uncle is as equally thoughtful and considerate. 

I've written about them before and their adventures in hunting milk glass here, here and here.  My aunt writes down all of the places they find the milk glass and includes unique information and interesting stories about each piece.  I started collecting milk glass this summer and I already feel as if I have a sentimental connection to the collection.   My aunt's milk glass tales have helped me become attached to each piece.

At this visit they brought me a wonderful assortment of milk glass. There were so many beautiful pieces that it's taken me a little while to inspect and admire each piece.  The milk glass has found a new home in my kitchen above my cabinets.  I plan to photograph it in it's new home once I've cleaned and dusted.  Don't hold your breath for a photo of it displayed anytime soon.  I promise one day to share it.

I photographed the milk glass so I could share it with you.  I know most of you are anti-flash, but I had to use the flash since I haven't been home during the day to get natural light photos.  Despite my poor photography skills, I hope you can still appreciate each piece as much as I have.











5 comments:

  1. so beautiful and thoughtful!

    My mom used to be a milk glass collector, which my dad loved because he always knew what to get her. There are tons of pieces of it that fill their home and she treasures them.

    Your new vases are my favorite pieces in your new collection! Enjoy filling them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love milk glass - your pieces are beautiful! Yall have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome collection!! LOVE milk glass. Just waiting for a hutch to put it in and then I will start to really collect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love milk glass and have always thought about starting a collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love milk glass! You have such beautiful pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails