photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Saturday, January 1, 2011

11 For 2011

I know many of you are anti New Year's Resolutions.  I understand.  I get it.  It's almost as if you are setting yourself up to fail when you make a resolution.  Last year I wanted to read through the Bible in a year, and I didn't.  I always want to lose about 10 pounds and that didn't happen either.  I usually start out the year determined and ready to change and by the beginning of March I'm over it.  Why bother with a list of resolutions when I'm not likely to keep them? For me, it's good to make a formal acknowledgement of things that I need to change.  This has led me to make a list of eleven things I'd like to do in 2011.  Maybe I'll see it through and maybe I won't.  At least it's a start and it can only make me a better person so why not give it a shot.

1. Read and study the Bible more

2.  Read more to Will and Ben

3.  Eat more meals at home

4.  Turn off the computer and go to bed earlier

5.  Save money

6.  Lose 10 pounds (or 15 pounds)

7.  Exercise


8.  Organize my digital clutter

9.  Plant a vegetable garden

10.  Play outside more with Will and Ben

11.  Learn to use Photoshop

Good luck with your New Year's Resolutions! 

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I love new years resolutions & make them every year (and fail miserably) I will be posting them soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of hopes for 2011. Looking forward to seeing you reach 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking (when I saw my 100+ bookmarks) that I need to clean up my digital mess this year too!!!

    Those One Year Bibles that give you a reading for each day are the only way I can read through the Bible in a year. This year I'm using the Chronological Bible in the New Living Translation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same study Bible. I love your list and I feel the same way, even if I don't do everything on my list, I at the very least have noticed areas I would like to improve. I hope you are having a great Sunday.

    God Bless,
    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails