photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Light


Kathleen at Simple Silly Life did a great post today that reminded me to share my word for 2011.  This is the first time I've ever chosen a word at the beginning of the year.  I chose the word Light to remind me of the verses below. 

1 John 1:7 (ESV)
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Matthew 5:16 (ESV)
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

I kept thinking of the two verses above over and over at the beginning of the year.  They remind me to strive daily to be the person that God wants me to be.  It also reminds me that if I am the person God wants me to be that I will bring glory to him.

Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words. Francis of Assisi

3 comments:

  1. ooooh, love your word! I have a Lisa Leonard necklace that I put "live in the light" on because it's something I have to remind myself to do, to always live in Christ's favor and shine on.

    have a deLIGHTful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea. Very inspiring!!

    I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails