photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Milk Glass Mania

My aunt (who is one of only about 10 people that might actually read this blog) has been on the hunt for milk glass, which you can read about here.  She even came up with the phrase "Milk Glass Mania" because she's clever like that.  I've been dying to use that as a blog post title since she mentioned it in an email. 
Finally, the time has come! 

It's time to show you all of the wonderful pieces of milk glass that are now in my collection. Once a very chic lady with great style told me that everyone should collect something.  I've never been a collector UNTIL now.  I'm hooked on milk glass. 

And so, without further ado, let me show you the lovely milk glass.


Seven beautiful pieces of milk glass from my aunt and uncle.
So pretty and each piece has a unique story!


Bud vases from my great aunt
"Bill" written on the bottom of one vase.  Bill is not her name but the nickname she went by in her small town.


Bud vases given to me by a friend who I attend church with.  He's also the florist in our small town.


Beautiful bowl from a family friend who gave me this beautiful piece of pink depression glass.


All of the milk glass has found a home on top of my cabinets for now.
Starting this collection has been so much fun.  I've had fun scouring thrift stores and trade days this summer.  My husband has even gotten on board and supports my milk glass collection.  The best thing about this collection is the overwhelming generosity I've been shown.  People have so willingly given me the pieces (which means they really wanted me to have it or that it's not really that valuable to them) for whatever reasons, I don't care. I'm so thankful!  Regardless of the motives, it's meant a great deal to have nice people give so generously. 

I will still be on the lookout for milk glass and will happily show you when I find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails