photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Sweetness

After my completing my first week back to school (with students), I have a new appreciation for Saturdays.  I appreciate a day to sleep late (well, not late but not wake up at 6A.M.), a day to not get dressed up, a day to spend with my boys and mostly, a day to do whatever I want.  Today was the perfect Saturday.  I woke up with Will standing by my bed at 7:30 A.M. asking me to turn on some cartoons.  I turned on Nick Jr. for Will and went to get Ben out of his crib.  We all cuddled half-asleep on the couch until breakfast. Ahh, bliss!  Eventually we got ready so we could visit my grandparents.  We took my grandpa who lives in assisted living to visit my grandma who is in the nursing home.  Everyone was in good spirits. My grandma played with the boys and loved on them.  I forgot my camera but there were some sweet moments I wish I would have captured.  We ate at my favorite local Tex-Mex restaurant, and then we conquered Wal-Mart on a Saturday afternoon. 

The afternoon was both lazy and productive.  Mark and I organized Will's closet, Ben napped and Will played with puzzles.  We had an easy meal (spaghetti) for dinner and the boys played outside.

 All in all a day of rest after a week of work.

Concentrate

Ta-Da!

Is there a neat way to eat spaghetti?  I think not.  Messy all the way!

They lined the cars up.  Vroom!

Our backyard Autobahn

Ben

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails