photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Windom Feed Sack

This summer we went to Windom, Texas, which is a small town about 30 miles from my small town.  We drove to Windom (in the middle of no where) for one reason and one reason only.  The Windom Feed Sack.  It's an all-you-can-eat-buffet that's known for it's fried catfish.  Fried catfish is one of those delicacies (is it really a delicacy?...catfish is a bottom feeder) enjoyed by most people in the South.  Even if you don't like seafood or fish, most people enjoy eating fried catfish.  I love it and usually eat so much when I'm at the Windom Feed Sack that I leave feeling a little sick.  I didn't take my camera inside, but I took some photos before we went inside. 

Only in Texas do you see a truck and horse trailer parked outside the restaurant with horses still inside the trailer.

I'll be sharing the recipe for the delicious Chocolate Cobbler served here.  The owners willingly shared their recipe.  It makes me love this place even more!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails