photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Want To Play Tag?

My friend, Carrie, at Live, Learn, and Love Together tagged me, and I wanted to join in the fun.
I'll answer her 8 questions and then tag other friends to play a friendly game of cyber tag.





Live, Learn, & Love Together

1. What is your favorite Bible verse? How did it become your favorite? (If you don’t have a single favorite, please share one of your faves.)
I can't choose just one so here are a few of my faves.

John 8:32 "and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."  Truth and Free.  It just sums up the book of John which is my favorite book in the Bible.  We did a Bible study when I was in high school over the book of John and it changed my life. 

1 Corinthians 13:13 "But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."  When you read the other verses about love it makes sense that the greatest of these is love.  Now to actually live out love...that's the real challenge.

Philippians 1:6 "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."  Thank you, Jesus!  We are works in progress, but one day we will be complete and perfect.

Luke 12:48 "Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more."  I've been thinking about this verse a great deal lately.  Sometimes I lose perspective and forget what it's important.  I think about my life--it's a very good life.  I live in the United States of America.  I have the freedom to worship God among many other rights and freedoms I have protected.  Compared to most people in the world I have been unbelievably blessed.  I have been given much.  What am I doing with it?  I can't fully answer that question at this point in my life.  I know much is expected.  It's something I struggle with and strive to find balance with in my life.

2. What is currently on your nightstand? Are you reading a good book? Are you into Sudoku or crosswords? Do tell!
It's all children's books (Knuffle Bunny, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus--we're going through a Mo Willems phase right now) and the Bible. 

3. If you have a Saturday where there is nothing on the calendar (Yeah, I know you’re laughing right now!!), how would you most like to spend the day? Are you a homebody? Are you a compulsive cleaner? Would you go shopping? Meet a friend for lunch?
I'd spend the day at home and work in the yard all day.  I love gardening.  It's very relaxing.  When I'm working in the yard, I lose all sense of time.  Hours can pass and I don't realize it.

4. I’ve recently finished Dr. Kevin Leman’s book The Firstborn Advantage. Do you think there is anything to “Birth Order?” Do you see any birth order characteristics in you, your hubs, and/or your kids?
We just finished a parenting series by  Dr. Leman titled Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours in our Sunday school class.  He mentioned the birth order theory.  I can see that some of his observations are true, but like any generalization there are exceptions.  It's definitely something that's interesting to keep in mind while raising children.  And, yes, I do see some of the characteristics in myself, my husband and my kiddos.

5. Do you plan to grow old gracefully or fight it every step of the way (within reason – i.e. age-fighting moisturizers, covering gray hair, etc.)?
I will fight it every step of the way! I plan on using hair dye to cover the gray when that times comes.  I probably won't have plastic surgery because I avoid going to the doctor at all costs.  I wouldn't willingly go under the knife.

6. Do you like Starbucks? And are you a fan of their seasonal coffees?
I love Starbucks (and just about any coffee shop), but I don't really drink coffee.   If I'm at Starbucks, I usually order a Chai Tea Latte, White Chocolate Mocha decaf or Caramel Apple Cider.  This question makes me ready for cooler weather.  I can't fully enjoy Starbucks when it's 90 degrees outside.

7. How do you decorate and/or prepare for fall?
I'm planning on getting out the Halloween decorations this weekend.  I also love pumpkins and scarecrows on my front porch.  I also change the wreath or decor on my front door.  This wasn't a very good answer.  I'm not great at decorating.

8. What is your favorite fall recipe?
Great question!  I'm so happy to share.  My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me several years ago.  It's from the Food Network.  These pumpkin muffins are amazing!  They are delicious and healthy.

Here are my eight questions:
1.  How did you meet your husband?

2.  If you could splurge on something for yourself, what would it be?

3.  Are you a morning person or a night owl?

4.  What's your favorite TV show?

5.  What is your least favorite chore?

6.  What is your favorite Bible story?

7.  What is your favorite comfort food?

8.  List the top five places you would visit or revisit.

Tag, you're it!
Angela from Unexpected Elegance
Tiffany from A Family from Fishers
Kathleen from Simple Silly Life
Courtney from Relevant Living
Ann from Color Me Pink

2 comments:

  1. Great answers to cool questions! Love your favorite Bible quotes.

    My questions should be on the blog tomorrow. Love how WIWW brought us together in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing, Michele - it was fun to learn more about you!!

    As far as your answer, "I plan on using hair dye to cover the gray when that times comes," ... I am so jealous!! That time came a long time ago for me!! ;)

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails