photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dream Home


Image via Pottery Barn


The photo above is my dream front door and entry. 
I love everything about it.

Mark and I have a dream.  We dream about one day building our forever home.  One of the main reasons I got hooked on blogs was because I fell in love with interior design blogs and home renovation blogs.  I wish I had known about this wealth of inspiration (and information) when we built our current home eight years ago.  We had just gotten engaged and had no idea what we were doing.  We needed a place to live after we got married and decided to build a house instead of renting.  We learned so much about construction and so much about each other.  Despite our lack of experience, we were very lucky to have an honest contractor and our house turned out great.  Our little house is the perfect starter home.  It's a traditional three bedroom, two bath, two car garage, 1500 square ft home.  It was fine for us before we had kids, but it's starting to feel like it's shrinking since we added two little ones to our family.  I'm afraid we've outgrown it or that we just have too much junk stuff.

Someday we hope and pray to make our dream home a reality.  We plan on building in the next five to ten years.  I've started looking at plans and talking details with my bestie, Angela.  This home will be our forever home, and I want to get every last detail just right. 

We would build our new home on fifteen acres that we own near the small town where we live and work.  We usually refer to it as "The Land" when we talk.  The Land is idyllic.  There are large oak and pecan trees, hidden paths, and hills.  I couldn't think of a more perfect place to build our home than The Land.

 Mark and I are teachers.  It's a humble profession, which means we don't get paid a lot.  I'm nervous about what we can afford and taking on debt. I'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time.  I hope to share the process (however lengthy) with you.  I'm open to advice and ideas so please feel free to share any suggestions.  It will be an interesting journey that I look forward to sharing with you.

1 comment:

  1. Your land sounds amazing! We live on 11 acres and couldn't love having this little piece of heaven more! Love the space!! I look forward to peeking into this wonderful journey of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails