photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Saturday, July 17, 2010

We Have A Picnic

Most small towns have an Old Settlers Day or Founders Day to commemorate the founding of the town. We have an annual picnic in the small town where I live. According to the Chamber of Commerce website The annual picnic has been a tradition since 1880, when settlers held a picnic on July 22 to celebrate the sale of the new town’s first lots. I grew up in a small town just seven miles away from where I live now and would visit the picnic every summer, but since I moved here (8 years ago!) I haven't attended the picnic. Today we decided to put the boys in the wagon and walk to the downtown square, which is paved with bricks--lots of character, and watch the parade.

I love the red wagon. Santa gave it to the boys for Christmas.


It was HOT!


Waiting for the parade to start.


Almost home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails