photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Road Trip 2010 {Part Five}

Road Trip 2010 {Part Five}
Chicago, IL to Texas

I didn't include all of the fun things we did in Chicago because I got a little caught up in Oak Park and Frank Lloyd Wright. I failed to include photos from our day in the city (or should I say The Second City) and seeing the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
We stayed in a little neighborhood near Wrigley Field at a hotel on N. Broadway. We road the "L" into downtown and enjoyed Millennium Park, Chicago-style pizza at Pizzeria Uno and shopping on the Magnificent Mile. They have an H&M so the boys had to drag me away from Michigan Ave. Even though we packed a lot of things into a short visit the boys were troopers and a good time was had by all :)

Welcome to Chicago!


In front of our hotel ready to start a day of exploring Chicago.


Stopping for an ice cream break at the Ghirardelli Store.


In the background you can see the Jay Pritzker Pavilion, designed by architect Frank Gehry.




"The Bean" Cloud Gate by Anish Kapoor








We couldn't decide between Pizzeria Uno, Gino's East or Lou Malnati's Pizzeria. We ended up at Pizzeria Uno because it was the shortest walk. The pizza was delicious.




Chicago-style pizza


I embraced being a tourist and had the waiter take our photo. It's not like I'm wearing a fanny pack, but I am totally a tourist.




Is that a Gap bag? Yes, I'm carrying a Gap bag. It's kind of lame, but I had to buy the boys jackets. It was really chilly at night, and we didn't have any warm clothes for them. Who knew I'd be buying jackets in June?


Our family with the famous red marquee in the background.
My husband was so disappointed when it started raining before the game. He looked forward to seeing a game at Wrigley Field the entire road trip. Thank goodness the game didn't get rained out.


It was neat to get to the field early and walk around.


Father and sons making memories


Ivy-covered outfield walls. So much character.


I loved these signs all over the ballpark.




The sun! After an hour and forty-five minute rain delay, we were grateful to see it instead of cloudy skies.


We only stayed for two innings of the game. It was so late after the rain delay and the boys were exhausted. You can see that Ben is already asleep.


So much luggage for a family of four. It's like a traveling circus.


Bye bye Chicago


Welcome to Texas or for us Welcome Home!


I'm a Texas History teacher so I can't pass up an opportunity to work in a little history lesson. The six flags that have at one time flown over Texas are: Spain, France, Mexico, The Republic of Texas, The Confederate States of America and The United States of America. Six Flags doesn't just refer to an amusement park. It's actually something of historical significance.


Will is happy we're close to home.


Ben's pretty happy, too!


We did it! What an adventure!


Someone cue Patty Griffin's Long Ride Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails