photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Night Before Kindergarten

It's the night before Ben starts kindergarten and I'm a bundle of emotions.  Mostly I'm happy and excited, but there's a small part of me that's sentimental.  How many times can I use bittersweet to describe my boys growing up?  I know you've heard it before, and I know you'll hear it again from me.  Ben is starting kindergarten in the morning and it's a big transition.  I know that he's old enough and he's more than ready (just a tiny bit nervous).  

We're excited about this new phase in our lives, but...  
I can't believe we're here.  My baby is a big boy!

Whenever I feel emotional about making such big changes, I think about some advice our pediatrician gave us, "One of your jobs as a parent is to prepare your child for independence."  I've got the nurturing and loving part down, but the letting go part is something that takes some effort.  Mark reminds me that they can't stay little forever, and he's right.  Thank goodness both of my boys have always been somewhat independent.  That confidence is really helpful for me since I'm a protective mother.  I'm praying a lot (for them and me) and remembering 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

Now...if we could just get them to go to sleep!  As I type this, it's way past their bedtime and they are having a hard time settling down so they can go to sleep.   Oh well!  This is life.

Here are few pics from Meet the Teacher.  It was on Thursday last week.
Ben found his locker.

Ben and his sweet teacher.

Ben checking out his desk with dad.

Will and his new teacher for 2nd grade.

He's so excited that his desk is by his best friend.

It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails