photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Monday, August 25, 2014

Matthew 5:16

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Today is the first day of a new school year.  I'm grateful for my job, school, students and parents, and fellow coworkers.  Somehow through God's providence I've been allowed to be in this place at this moment, and I know there is work to be done. My goal is that every day I live out the gospel so others see it.   It's more than just words.  It's actions, too.  That's the light and good works that Matthew 5:16 is talking about.  Those good works are manifested differently for each Christian school teacher that I know, but I see their good works.  It glorifies God, and I thank God for them.  They are making an eternal difference.

I hope and pray this school year that my light shines and brings glory to God.



A cool coincidence happened last week.  I'm not sure if you know this, but many of my blog posts are written well in advance of when they publish.  I had this blog post about Matthew 5:16 written a couple of weeks ago.  A neat thing happened at church on Wednesday night.  Our friend Russell is a teacher and coach, and he gave a devotional on Wednesday night at our Bible study that went along with these thoughts.  It seemed appropriate to include it here.  He shared verses that reminded all of us that our work here is for the Lord and not men.  He also encouraged us to write down Bible verses on note cards and keep them where we can see them throughout the day.  He said he's writing Colossians 3:23-24 on a note card that he will look at in between classes during the school day.  If he looks at it each time there's a class change that would give him the the opportunity to see the verses about 40 times that school week.  Great idea!
 Colossians  3:23-24 
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails