photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sprouts!


My seeds are sprouts!!!

I can't tell if these are zinnias or marigolds.  I had the empty seed packets under each container, but a very curious 22-month-old and a very curious 4-year-old moved them elsewhere.

My father-in-law told me he can identify the flowers by the leaves when they get a little bigger.  Thank goodness Mark's parents are master gardeners. 

Mark's dad also told me it's not too late to plant a garden for summer fruits and vegetables.  I'm hoping to till up a small plot in my backyard to plant squash, tomatoes and cantaloupes. 

I had to buy another watering can this weekend.  The boys always fight over the one I had so I figured my life would be easier this summer if I had one for each.  The green one is from IKEA and the red one is from Target--it's new. 

I'm embarrassed to photograph my front yard.  There are more weeds than grass and flowers.  If we get it weeded this weekend, I'll show you the hardy gladiolus bulbs I planted back in January.  I'm happy to report they have made an appearance.  They haven't produced flowers yet, but I'm hopeful they will.  It's a good sign to know they are alive even if they don't produce flowers this year.

We're on the lookout for a new weedeater.  I'll let you know how that search goes.

I also have some flowers to show you in my backyard.  The irises are starting to bloom and my peony is beginning to gets some buds.  I can't wait to see the beautiful flowers.

That's all for now in my adventures in gardening.

1 comment:

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails