photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Friday, March 4, 2011

Flashback Friday: Spring Break 2003

Spring Break
March 2003

Mark and I took a little trip to the Hill Country back in March 2003.  It was our first Spring Break as a married couple. Awww, to be newlyweds--it seems like forever ago!  The theme for the trip was shopping and Bar-B-Que.  We stayed in San Marcos, Texas and shopped at the amazing outlet mall.  We also ate at several different BBQ joints that are famous for their tasty fare. 


Mark and I with plates full of food at the Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX just outside of Austin.  The Salt Lick is still one of my husband's favorite places to eat BBQ.


Gruene, Texas isn't far from San Marcos so we made a little detour there and stopped by Gruene Hall and ate at the Gristmill.


Guadalupe River



Caldwell County Courthouse in Lockhart, Texas
On our BBQ adventure, we also ate at Kreuz Market in Lockhart, Texas.  It was definitely authentic.  The food isn't served on plates, it's served on wax paper (from what I can remember).  I do remember that it was delicious!

We have one week until Spring Break!!!
Here's what is on the itinerary for Spring Break 2011:
Visit my grandparents, Papa Ralph and Mama Winnie

Whole Foods
Shopping for the boys' spring clothes
IKEA
Spring photos at the Dallas Arboretum with my favorite photographer Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails