photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm An Aggie

I'm an Aggie.
Class of 2000.
Whoop!

I didn't start my collegiate career at Texas A&M University.  I attended East Texas Baptist University for two years and then transferred to A&M.  I had a really terrific college experience.  So many good times with so many good friends!

My experience at each college was awesome but so different. 

ETBU was a great school to attend for a small town girl who was just out of high school.  Sometimes I felt like I was at youth camp (in a good way).  The tight-knit atmosphere at ETBU was something special.  I absolutely loved living in a dorm my first two years.  I'll always remember the good times my roommates, suitemates and I had in Merle Bruce and Lineberry.

Texas A&M was the perfect university for me to transfer to.  I was older and more independent.  I felt so grown-up living in an apartment and working a part-time job.  College Station is a great town for a small town girl to live in.  Everything revolves around the university.  I found a wonderful church and made some special friends.  Some of my best friends that I still keep in touch with are friends I made while attending A&M.  Since I transferred to A&M, I was a little late on the Aggie indoctrination ;)  I still bleed maroon and love A&M.  I have great respect for the university and its traditions.  I'm still in awe of the tradition at A&M and the Spirit of Aggieland.  It's truly unlike anything I've ever experienced.


If my boys choose A&M, I'll be as happy as can be, but I'll support them wherever they decide to go.


Will and I in front of the Statue of Sul Ross with the Academic Building in the background.  I had many sociology classes in the Academic Building.
This was taken on Will's first visit to College Station on September 22, 2007.

Here are some photos of my time at A&M. 
Fall 1998-December 2000

You can't be an Aggie and not attend a Pat Green concert (at least that's how it was in the late 90s).
Two of my best friends Cory and Terri .  We met Pat at Hastings before he had a concert in College Station.

My cousin, Laine, a dear friend was at A&M while I was.  Angela (you've heard me talk about her all the time on the blog) is in the middle.

Aggie Football game
Fall 1998 
Jared (another cousin) is in the photo on the far left.  It was really neat having two of my cousins at college with me.  We're all still very close friends today.

Bonfire
I attended the last Bonfire in 1998.
I was at A&M when the Bonfire fell in 1999.  Truly tragic.

Cory and I at Elephant Walk.  One of the many traditions at A&M.
Elephant Walk 
 Jumping into the fountain on Elephant Walk.

While at A&M I worked at the Evans Library.  Here are some of my awesome co-workers that I still keep in touch with after all these years.
 Summer or Fall 2000

Terri, Cory and I after my graduation.  Whoop!
December 2000


This in reverse order, but here are some photos of my time at ETBU.
I scanned several photos from my time at ETBU and posted them on facebook about a year ago.  It was so much fun to reminisce with all of my friends.  So much has changed in 10 years!

Fall 1996-Spring 1998

Fall 1997
Kelly, me and Andrea
Two of my best friends from ETBU
Love these girls!

Sophomore year
Fall 1997
Lineberry Hall

Baptist Student Ministry
 Mission Trip to Pacific Northwest
January 1998

Sophomore year
Spring Intramural Softball


ETBU graduation
May 1998

I'll be linking up to Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life--Alma Maters.


5 comments:

  1. I've been following and reading for a while but haven't commented! I love that you're an Aggie because that's where I am right now! I'm in my first year at A&M, studying elementary education.

    I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop! (On behalf of my husband, Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 97) I have a similar picture with my daughter in front of the Academic Building with Sul Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOOP! FTACO'06! Such a great 4 years!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails