photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cupid



 I can't help but have Valentine's Day on my mind.  These framed Cupid prints are from the house where I grew up.  I remember them either being in our guest bedroom or my bedroom.  I can't recall any special stories about these prints.  I just remember them always being something that decorated our home.  The metal oval frames aren't in the best shape, but I like them because they show signs of age.  They definitely have character. 


Since I didn't know much about them, I decided to look on eBay and Etsy for information.  I saw several of these vintage Cupid awake/Cupid asleep prints for sale.  One description read, "marked copyright 1897, by M. B. Parkinson".  The little girl who is Cupid is named Josephine.  It appears that these prints were quite common and many people had them in their homes. 

 

I'll be sharing my sweet vintage Cupid prints at Sit Relax and Read.
Join Cha Cha and other bloggers who linked up to share what they are sentimental about.

Sit Relax and Read

1 comment:

  1. I love these. Sweet story plus I love Valentine's Day decor that doesn't scream, not that you can tell from my house, haha. So cool that you now have so info on them, are they worth a million dollar and you are going to quite you day job????????

    Thank You For Linking Up,
    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails