photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Best Holiday Music Ever


The Best Holiday Music Ever
{according to Mark and Michele}

My obsession with Christmas music began in December 2005.  Mark and I were going skiing in Winter Park, Colorado. I wanted to make sure we had plenty of music on the road trip to keep us in the holiday spirit as we made the 16 hour drive. 

I'm glad that Mark and I have the same taste in music.  I was going to try to describe our musical taste, but I can't seem to put it in words.  We both enjoy and appreciate an eclectic mix of artist and bands, and our holiday music list reflects that.  I like to think of us as being well-rounded instead of ADD.

The list has to begin with the classics.  I'm referring to the album names.  Later, I will list individual songs.  Oh yeah, this list is detailed.  I wasn't exaggerating when I told you I'm obsessed with Christmas music.

The Classics (by album)
Bing Crosby, White Christmas
Ella Fitzgerald, Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas
Nat King Cole, The Christmas Song
Johnny Mathis, Merry Christmas
Various Artists, Hip Holidays {The entire album is amazing!}
Gene Autry, Christmas Classics
Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas
Elvis Presley, Christmas
Frank Sinatra, A Jolly Christmas
Dean Martin, A Winter Romance

New Classics (by album)
Sufjan Stevens, Songs For Christmas {Disc 1-5}
Mariah Carey, Merry Christmas
Harry Connick, Jr., When My Heart Finds Christmas
Diana Krall, Christmas Songs
Bare Naked Ladies, Barenaked For The Holidays
Sarah McLachlan, Wintersong
John Legend, Sounds Of The Season
Michael Buble, Let It Snow
Taylor Swift, Sounds Of The Season
Jars of Clay, Christmas Songs

Individual Songs
The Drifters, "White Christmas"
Judy Garland, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
Luther Vandross, "O' Come All Ye Faithful"
Boyz II Men, "Silent Night"
House of Heroes, "Silent Night"
Jason Mraz, "Winter Wonderland"
Colbie Caillat, "Mistletoe"
Otis Redding, "Merry Christmas Baby"
Rosemary Clooney, "Snow"
John Lennon, "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)"
Paul McCartney, "Wonderful Christmastime"
Ray Charles, "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
Eartha Kitt, "Santa Baby"
Brenda Lee, "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree"
Burl Ives, "Holly Jolly Christmas"
Darlene Love "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"
Bobby Helms, "Jingle Bell Rock"
Just for fun one of my all-time favorite versions of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" goes to Zooey Deschanel and Will Ferrell in the movie Elf, but if I had to choose a "real" version then it would have to be Ella Fitzgerald and Louise Jordan.

Did I leave anything off?  Please share.
There's always room for more good music on our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails