photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Monday, March 19, 2012

Health Update and Other Stuff

Spring Break is over and it's back to the grindstone. 
 Here are some random ramblings for Monday.

{one}
On Friday I mentioned that we'd received some news about a family member's health that made me very sad.  My cousin, Clay, is just a couple of years older than me and we found out Thursday night through updates on facebook that he has/had a brain tumor.  I knew he'd been having some health issues, but I was shocked to learn he had a brain tumor. He went in for surgery on Friday morning.  The 3x3 inch mass was causing bleeding on the brain, which is why he had surgery so quickly.  The doctors were able to remove most of the tumor.  Latest word via FB is that he might have surgery later this week; I'm not sure the details or why.  The pathology reports will be in Monday, but this post will publish before I know the results of those.  Thank you to everyone who saw my post on Friday and prayed.  It means more than you'll ever know.  I'll write more about it when I hear the results.
*Update (Monday, 3/19/12, 9:40p.m.  Clay's brain tumor is malignant.  I don't know very many more details.  They will do another surgery tomorrow and start the chemo process.)  Thank you for your continued prayers.


{two}
I'm still finding comfort in these Bible verses.
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7


{three}
Both of our computers are nearing the end of their lives.  Sigh.  Our desktop is 6 years old and our laptop is 2.  The laptop should be in good shape, but it's not.  It's been dropped and abused.  The laptop has what we call "the white screen of death".  Sometimes the screen goes white, but we know that the computer is still working.  Too bad I'm not tech savvy or I'd be of more help.  We're trying to hold off buying a computer for as long as we can.  If I'm not using as many photos from my DSLR, it's because I'm having a hard time.  It's easier to use photos from my iPhone for blog posts.


{four}
This will be my fourth week of Weight Watchers.  I've only lost about 3 lbs.  I've been told this is the appropriate way to lose weight.  Slow and steady.
Two blogs with great WW recipes are
If you know of any other good blogs with recipes, let me know.  So far my family has loved the meals I've cooked using the healthy recipes from those blogs.  I feel really good about making healthier choices for our family.  We've also been eating a lot more fresh fruit and veggies.

{five}
We had a relaxing Spring Break.  We went to the Dallas Arboretum on Monday.  Tuesday we took the boys to see The Lorax and ran some errands.  On Wednesday we went to church and the boys spent the night at Mark's parents after church.  Thursday Mark and I had a fun day of shopping and spending time together.  Friday we rested at home during the day and on Friday evening we had a visitation for a family member who passed away.  On Saturday we visited my grandmother and great-aunt in the nursing home.  Also on Saturday I went to a couple of estate sales after our nursing home visit.  I scored some milk glass that I'll show you later this week. 

Spring Break makes me anxious for summer vacation.  I love carefree days and spending time with my family.  Nothing better.

One afternoon the boys were playing outside, and Mark told me to look out the window and this is what I saw.  Will was pushing Ben in the car.  I LOVE that they play so well together.  Such a blessing!

I took the photo through the window because I knew by the time that I grabbed the camera and made my way outside the moment would pass.  Instead here's a blurry photo that captured "the moment"!


{six}
Stop by tomorrow and read my silly thoughts on "mom shorts". 

Have a wonderful week!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for Clay will continue. May God's healing presence overwhelm him.

    Can't wait to see that stash of milk glass you now have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for strength and healing for your cousin and family. That news is always so hard to hear.
    Great job with your healthier eating...I am going to check out those websites, and I LOVE your aqua colander!!! How fun!!!
    The picture of your boys playing together is so sweet. Nothing better than capturing those special moments.
    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to read about your cousin, I can totally relate as my father-in-law is a preacher and had part of a brain tumor removed and lost his speech for almost 6 months. Breaks my heart, but he is back stronger than ever, such a journey. Praying for him!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails