photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Berry Good

Blackberry cobbler is my very favorite dessert.  The blackberry cobbler recipe I use calls for 8 cups of blackberries!  Since blackberries aren't cheap, the only way I'm able to make the cobbler is if I pick the berries myself.  Each year in early June the blackberries are ripe for picking.  One afternoon, Mark, his dad Jerry and I picked as many as we could.  It was very productive other than stepping in an ant pile and a few scratches from the berry bush thorns. 
 
These blackberry bushes are at my in-law's house. 
 






I followed this recipe for the blackberry pie bars.  They were good, but nothing will ever top blackberry cobbler in my book. 
 
Email me if you are interested in the recipe I use for blackberry cobbler.  It's probably 10 years old from a Southern Living magazine.  Blackberry cobbler perfection!


1 comment:

  1. My dad has wild blackberries that grow on his property. They are so delicious...in anything really. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails