photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Friday, July 19, 2013

3,076 Miles

Road Trip 2013
2 weeks
10 states
Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Tennessee
3,076 miles
There were lots of laughs, a few tears, and so many good memories made.

We made it home a week ago, but it's taken me a full week to recover from the vacation.  On top of that, I have a terrible infection around my wisdom teeth so I don't feel like blogging about our trip right now.  I will get around to when the antibiotics knock it out.  For now, here are some of my Instagram pics.  I'm @redbirdblue so let's be IG friends! :)


It was pretty cool to see the total miles driven!


It's not a real road trip until you've stopped at Cracker Barrel.

This is what the car looked like. 

Sometimes we were all a little delirious from being in the car so long.

Do you honk the horn when you cross the state line?  
We do!
Well, we do if there's not another car around.  We don't want to frighten anyone.  It always reminds me of the Dixie Chicks song "Heartbreak Town".

Hello, Illinois.  
You're roads were terrible and the rain was bad but we made it through without any hard feelings.

A field of corn in Indiana.

West Virginia is pretty.


I still use a road atlas.  I know navigation is wonderful, but I prefer a real map.

Virginia's country roads are so scenic and beautiful.

Interstate 95 in Virginia...not so much.  I'm pretty sure the entire east coast was driving on it when we were.  I compare it to Interstate 35 between Dallas and Austin.  Bumper to Bumper.

Welcome to Arkansas
I love crossing this bridge over the Mighty Mississippi.  It means we're getting closer to home.

life rearranged

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Looks like a great memory-making trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cracker barrel picture and the field with hello! what font is that?

    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/07/insta-friday-july-19th.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails