photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Home Tour {Entry}

One of the main reasons I read blogs is to see how other people live.  You might also call that being nosey (or is it nosy?).  Since I enjoy seeing the homes of others so much, I thought it would be fun to show you our home.  I shared a sneak peek a while back here.

I'm slowly photographing our home so I can share it with you.  I feel like my home is a metaphor for my life--it's a work in progress.  I'm dedicating an entire post to share more thoughts on that in the future. 
Even if I feel like our home isn't complete or ready to show off, I have decided that I'd better start showing you photos of our home or I probably never will.  I'm just going to dive in and start the process. 

Here's my disclaimer before I start the process:  our home isn't perfect, it doesn't belong in a magazine, it's just a house that we're making a home.  I constantly dream up projects that I'd like to take on, but with work and raising two little ones the home improvement projects get pushed aside.  

I'll stop rambling and get to the photos.

If you walk in the front door this is what is in the entry.  Our home is so small that my husband laughed when I asked him what I should call this area.  He said it's the living room.  I guess technically it is part of the living room, but for the sake of the home tour I'm calling it the "Entry".





11 comments:

  1. Beautiful area Michele! Pretty colors. Love the basket of blankets. Very, very welcoming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a lovely entry!! I like the chairs as accents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! AND, LOVE your new look! Its great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you said that your home is a constant work in progress, like yourself. I totally agree.
    Your entry looks great. I love the paint color on your walls, and that chair in the corner is such a great accent.
    Love the books on the case too. Books make me happy.
    I just saw a fabulous bookshelf at a store yesterday and it was $600 too much. But I am still dreaming of it.

    My entry is completely blank right now. So blah. I'm waiting to see the perfect piece I want for it. Still looking...
    Thanks for sharing a part of your home!

    PS- thank you for your kind email too!!! You are so sweet. I wish we lived closer because I think we'd get along just great. I might look into a new blog design eventually. I just love yours. I was also going to ask you about your camera. What lenses do you have? Sorry, this is getting long now... guess I should have just emailed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! yeah, if we ever get into a house mine will always be a work in progress too. i just love painting walls and moving furniture around so we'll probably never be "settled" but oh well. PS: your photographs are so wonderful! love them:)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  6. My home is certainly a work in progress! I still haven't gotten up the nerve to post pictures of my house. I get stressed out thinking about having to move the messes (toys) in order to take the pictures! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to crack up because our house is small too and our entry runs into our dining area. It works although that sounds strange. I have the same "S" and it is one of my favorite things in our house. I love your blog design. It is so clean and super fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So did you cry along with me last night? {Michael Scott's last episode of The Office} Haha! Oh & BTW...I think your entry is just adorable! Can't wait to see more pics! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun sneak peek at your house! that pillow w/the orange detailing is AWESOME. such great style you have
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. work in progress is a great description! I feel the same way about our house. Your entry is super cute- even if it is technically your living room. ;) The corner with pics of the boys and that awesome pillow and high back chair is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is the flower seed box from the old store? It is really neat!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails