photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baby Elin's Baby Shower

This weekend we had a baby shower for my cousin's wife, Jacquelyn.  My cousin, Jared, and I are the same age and grew up together in the same small town.  We even ended up attending Texas A&M together.  He's a dear friend, and I'm so glad that his wife and I have become such good friends, too.  They are expecting their second little girl in December.  Some of Jacquelyn's friends and I decided to throw her a diapers and wipes shower to welcome the new baby.  I only knew one of the three other hostesses before the shower, and we planned the entire shower by email.  All of the other hostesses are super sweet and we ended up having a lot in common.  We've even become facebook friends since the shower.

The shower was held at the lake house of Lindsey's parents. (Lindsey was one of the hostesses.)  I didn't really know what to expect when I was told "lake house" and when I arrived at the house I was amazed.  It was beautiful!  They built a true dream home, which leads me to a really funny story.  Lindsey's mom, Pam, was giving me a tour of the home and showing me the outside of the property and she pointed at the neighbor's house and said, "That's the dream home."  I said, "No, your home is a dream home."  She said, "No, that's the HGTV Dream Home."  I had this look of No Way! Seriously!?!  I thought it was so cool that they are neighbors to the 2005 HGTV Dream Home.  Lindsey's mom was so nice and made a country bumpkin like me feel welcome and at home.

 We all had such a good time showering Jacquelyn with gifts and enjoying each others company.
We look forward to the arrival of baby Elin!

The table was decorated by Pam. She and her husband were so kind to welcome us into their home. 

We served mini quiches, blueberry scones (made by me), fruit, dips, crackers, cake and punch.

 Too bad this is blurry.  A photo of all of  the hostesses, Angie, Lindsey, me and Ema.  Such sweet ladies!

Hostesses and Jacquelyn and Emerson 

Pam and Jacquelyn 

Personalized banner that a friend and I made for the baby shower.

All of the ladies enjoyed visiting and talking with each other.

More fun chatting.

Jamie and Ema 

Big sister, Emerson, and the cake 

Jacquelyn opening the personalized chenille bib and burp cloth from us. 

Two more sets of personalized bibs and burp cloths from our grandparents. 

Emerson really liked the new cuddly teddy bear. 

Many of the ladies at the shower were friends from MOPS.  This is Jacquelyn's MOPS mentor mom and Pam.

Lindsey's cute daughter, Reese.  She's the cutest thing with the best personality.  We may be working on an arranged marriage to one of my boys in the future :)

I told you the house next door was the HGTV Dream Home.  Here's proof.   I took a photo of the Dream Home Boat House.

View of the lake. from the house.

View of the back of the house where we had the shower.

Another view of the back of the house.

I thought the front door was very pretty so I took a photo.  I'm a dork! 

If you are interested in the personalized chenille bibs and burp cloths, check out my friend's website.  I don't purchase through the website since I'm a friend and she lives locally, but she ships all over the U.S.  
Little Missy Boutique (it's an ebay store not an etsy shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails