photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

First Day of School 2015-2016

Yesterday was the first day of school for the 2015-2016 school year.  We had meet the teacher last week, and both boys are very happy with the teachers and classes they will be in this year.
I can't believe Will is in 3rd grade and Ben is in 1st grade.  I know they are growing up because they didn't even let us walk them inside to the their classes for the first day.  We dropped them off and they hit the ground running.  I always think about the advice our pediatrician gave us years ago, "Our goal as parents is to continually encourage our children to become independent from us." At times, that is a difficult thing to do, but mostly I'm thankful to have boys who are independent.

Here are my big guys before school.
I've made it this far with first day of school pics and the signs have survived.  I hope I can keep the tradition all through their school years.  It's neat to have the photos for memories to look back on, and I love to compare the old photos to see how much they have grown up.  It's amazing the difference that a year makes.  They look really big here!

I took several photos with the "first day of..." signs and a few without. 

For some reason I love this photo.
This will be the last year that Will and Ben will be in the same school.  They won't be in the same school again until they are in junior high with us.

Look what awesome teachers the boys have!

Ben's teacher sent us this photo of Ben in his classroom. 

Will's teacher sent this of Will in his class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails