photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer 2013

Summer 2013


Tomorrow is the first day of teacher in-service so that means that our summer is officially over.  The 10 weeks that we have during summer always go by so quickly.  This is nothing new.  We know to make the most of each day and live it up.

This summer we were able to do so much because the boys are getting older.

Summer 2013 has been a good one!
Here are more than enough photos to prove it!


June
Technically our summer vacation wouldn't start until another week, but this photo was taken June 2.  The boys look bigger to me now than they did just 2 months ago.

VBS
This summer we had Vacation Bible School the first week after school was out.  I'm always encouraged by the people in our church.  They make VBS so much fun.  It's a lot of hard work, but it is worth it.  I truly believe it's a good work that will have a positive influence on these young ones for years to come.  Our theme was "Circus of Faith".




Celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary with a concert
More photos here.

Sarah Jarosz!
If you don't like blue grass, then you should!  Listen to Sarah Jarosz and she'll make you a fan.

Father's Day

Playing 


Birthday party fun with friends

Visiting my grandma and great-aunt at the nursing home


June 30 was the first day of our two-week road trip



 July

Road Trip
Indiana

Virginia

Baltimore

Shenandoah National Park


Playing in the dirt
Getting ready to put up our "Redneck Swimming Pool" in the backyard.  We had a load of sand delivered so we could make a level base for the pool. 



Celebrating Mark's 40th Birthday at the Rangers Game
We had an awesome time celebrating.  More photos here.

Another Rangers game
Just a few days after Mark's birthday we took the boys to a Rangers game.  It's one of the best games I've ever been to.

I love these guys so much!  Heart explosion!




The Rangers won in the 10th inning with a walk-off homerun hit right in front of where we were sitting.  It doesn't get much better than that!  (Look at the time on the clock--almost midnight!) 

 August

Bowling
The boys were really missing their cousin Maggie so we she spent the afternoon with us and they had such a good time with her there.

Look how cute these little bowling shoes are!


Swimming 




 Brotherly Love

Shopping with friends
Some of my very good friends are ladies who I've worked with in the past or who I still work with.  Teachers truly understand teachers and that's why I think we've all remained close.  About twice a year I meet up with these girls and we hit the mall.  We always go to H&M, Forever 21, Anthro, Charming Charlie, and other girlie boutiques that my boys refuse to enter, ha!

Two things I don't have a photos of are a trip to the Dallas Arboretum and the Frisco Rough Riders baseball game.  We've had a great summer and made a lot of special memories.  I'm thankful for all the good times we've had.

Summer 2013


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! I love tour Ranger pictures. I'm sad we didn't make it there this summer. Have a great start of the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun summer! Loving that swimming pool!!!! Bet the boys were in heaven!!! Hope you have a great school year! xx.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails