photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Old Standby

My old standby when it comes to cooking a meal in the crockpot is a packet of onion soup mix and a can of golden mushroom soup (and a *secret ingredient). 

It's not gourmet, but it's good. 

This combination works well with pork tenderloin, pork chops or roast beef.  I've had the best success cooking the meat on low heat for 6-8 hours.  Once the meat is fully cooked and tender, I usually serve it with a side of steamed veggies, salad, brown rice or mashed potatoes.

I rely on the crockpot during the busy school year when I don't have time to spend hours preparing a meal for my family.  I am trying to be more creative in the meals I'm preparing, but it takes a great deal of planning and effort.

My old standby, golden mushroom soup and onion soup mix.

*The secret ingredient I mentioned above.
The bottle is almost empty, which shows that I use it a lot.  I've only found this at Whole Foods.  It makes the old standby more flavorful.  Just add a little, maybe 1/4 cup.
This combo isn't new to anyone, but it works for me.

I'm linking up to Mel at the Larson Lingo.  Go check out her fun link up party
Crocktober
you'll get so many good ideas for easy, delicious meals in your crockpot.





5 comments:

  1. I LOVE my crockpot! Thanks for a great recipe idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm always looking for new crockpot meals--this one sounds good! love braggs too--i found mine at sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are my crockpot stables, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good...i have never heard of your secret ingredient...i need to go to whole foods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michele! Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a great blog. :) It's nice to find other Texas bloggers. I love this post and I will look for that liquid seasoning. I am a big fan of mushroom soup in cooking, but have never seen the golden mushroom soup. Where have I been?! :))

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails