photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Storms, Easter Weekend and Life In General

On April 3 terrible storms passed through the Dallas-Fort Worth area.  It was very scary.  The tornadoes were just a little too close for comfort.  Will and Ben are afraid of the storms so it's a challenge to keep them calm when the weather gets bad.  I posted this photo on facebook after the storms had passed over our area.  I wrote this when I shared the photo "The storm has passed. Thankful for the calm."  I'm afraid we are in for more bad weather on Sunday.  I pray that the tornadoes stay away.

We made the most out of our long weekend.  On Thursday afternoon, we visited Mama Winnie at the nursing home.  Will colored her an Easter egg.  


Friday was a busy day.  We ran errands in the suburbs of Dallas. 

One of our favorite places is Watters Creek in Allen. 

"Those who are the happiest are those who do the most for others."
Booker T. Washington

"To ease another's heartache is to forget one's own."
Abraham Lincoln


No trip into the city without a stop for fro yo. 

And Whole Foods 

Saw this at Whole Foods 

Best Chocolate Milk.  Ever. 

Sunday evening we went to a Texas Rangers baseball game.  Opening Weekend was a blast!


Today we registered Will for kindergarten.  I didn't cry.  I almost did, but I didn't!

Ben has decided that he's going to kindergarten next year, too.  He's going to be awfully disappointed when Will goes to school without him, but we're not going to break the news to him just yet. 

My photos are a mix of hipstamatic and instagram but I finally joined everyone and set up my instagram acct you can follow me at redbirdblue

Life in an Instant


life rearranged

5 comments:

  1. I could browse Whole Foods all day long. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys are safe! Love all the pictures, looks like a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it's a huge relief for the storms to blow through & be safe and sound. I can't imagine. Hope that you'll all be safe on Sunday. Your boys are so handsome! My little man used to have that green & navy striped gap shirt, one of our favs! I was so sad to have to get rid of it last year. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was worried about you and those storms...prayers for a safe weekend for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up with Kid*Stuff*World and Let's Lasso the Moon. I've added some of your pics to our Pinterest group. What a lovely group of photos!

    Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/zina/the-gift-of-an-ordinary-day-group-project/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails