photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Monday, July 4, 2011

Misc. Monday

Here are some miscellaneous thoughts for this Monday, July 4th.

1.
Nine years ago we were in NYC for our honeymoon.  This is one of my favorite photos of us on top of the Empire State Building.  I'm terrified of heights so being on the observation deck was a little intimidating for me, but the views were spectacular.  We look so young (and skinny) in these photos!

On July 4th we rode the subway down to the Hudson River to see the Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks.  I'll always remember that 4th.

2.
Are you going to any cookouts for the 4th?  We attended one for our church last night.  Today Mark grilled steak for lunch.  This summer we've been crazy about Stubb's marinade.  We love the chicken or the beef.  Will and Ben like it too.  We just tell them it's "Stubb's Chicken" or "Stubb's Steak" and they'll eat it.

3.
This bubble bucket is a great investment.  Will and Ben love bubbles but they always make the biggest mess when the container tips over and all of the bubbles spill out.  They like playing in the mess, but I don't like buying bottle after bottle just so they can pour it out.  This contraption keeps the bubbles in.  I wish I would have thought of inventing it.  If you are interested in one for your kiddos, I found it at Toys R Us. 

4.
Last night I took Paula Deen's cream cheese brownies to the cookout.  Here's what's left.  Mark was hoping that we'd have a few to take home but we didn't. 

5.
It's so hot in Texas!  I always forget how hot it gets in July and August.  This year is no different.  I've sworn off jeans for the summer, and  I'm only wearing linen pants when I'm not wearing shorts or a skirt.  I wore this to church on Sunday morning.  I had one pair of linen pants from last year, and I bought a white pair and this grey pair recently.  I can see why the ancient Egyptians rocked the fabric.  It's cool and comfy.


Have a safe and happy 4th of July!


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

9 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you went to NYC on your honeymoon. I'm loving that place right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you are in NY we must get together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you can wear long pants in Texas right now! Even if it is cool and breezy. It is so hot and humid in Hawaii and I'm in tank tops and shorts. :) I love that picture of you and your hubby ... so adorable!

    new follower, please stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST tried the Stubbs chicken marinade last week and absolutely love it! I want to pick up some of the other Stubbs sauces to try and the barbecue sauce. Cream cheese brownies.....I'm drooling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE stubb's marinade as well! It was our favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any linen pants.
    Now I think I need to get some.
    Never heard of stubbs either.
    I think I need that too.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pic of you and the hubby! How fun! Also, thise cream cheese brownies are making my mouth water right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, Just found your blog via Minivan Diva. I was cracking up on your love of vacuuming.

    Where'd you get your pants? Super cute.

    And that Bubble Bucket- genius idea. I'll have to get one this week. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww. Love the old-school picture of you guys on your honeymoon! And, I am totally wishing I had one of those brownies right now. Gonna go look up that recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails