photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Monday

It's Monday and here's some randomness for the sake of being random.

#1
The Royal Wedding
I'm still recovering from setting my alarm clock and waking up at 2:56A.M. to see the regal ceremony live.  I watched it in a sleepy daze on the couch in my living room.  My husband had no idea I was awake until I woke him up at 6:30A.M.  He couldn't believe I woke up to watch it all.  I had so much fun talking about it at work with the other teachers who watched it too.  I know some people in the blogosphere have said negative things about the wedding, but I have nothing but praise.  I thought it was magnificent. (Spoken from a person who had a $3,000 wedding budget, no joke!)  The ceremony was beautiful.  Kate was stunning and Prince William was dashing.  The Royal Wedding was everything I thought it would be and more.

Surprisingly one of the things that struck me most while watching the wedding was the interaction between Prince William and Prince Harry.  I suppose since I'm a mother of two sons who are very close in age like they are, I couldn't help but feel moved when I saw them together.  I read that Prince Harry chose the sapphire engagement ring of his mother's, but gave it to Prince William because he thought it should belong to the future queen of England.  If that's true, so touching.  It appears that they have a very close relationship.  I hope that my boys will be that close as they grow up.  I can just imagine Ben being Will's best man at his wedding.  Makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it.


#2
Did you know I usually buy my own gifts?  I do.  I don't like surprises.  Mark doesn't care if I buy my own gifts.  If I pick it out, he knows I'll like it.  It works for us.  We don't really do big gifts for Christmas or birthdays, and we get little things for other special occasions.  For Mother's Day I purchased some lovely prints from Emily at Jones Design Company.  The Home print will go in the living room/entry.  The Rise and Shine print is going in the boys' bathroom once I to go to IKEA to get a frame.  I'll share photos when they are in place.
I should confess that I also bought a few items of clothing for Mother's Day too.  I love retail therapy, maybe more than I should.  Everything I bought was on sale.  Why am I talking about clothes on Monday?  I'll save that for What I Wore Wednesday.


#3
We've been studying Hebrews at church.  It's good stuff.  I need to collect my thoughts and share what I've learned so far.  There's so much that I've learned I don't know how I'll organize it all.  I should also mention that the ladies Bible study I've been attending is coming to an end.  I need to share all of the things that I've learned in it as well.  It was such a blessing and I look forward to the next study in the fall.  I can't wait to share all that I've learned with you.

My husband and I teach the 4th-6th grade Sunday school class at our church.  I'll leave you with one word and verse that have been on my mind since our study on Sunday morning.

Substance

Hebrews 11:1
 Now faith is the assurance (substance) of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

6 comments:

  1. I didn't wake up that early for the royal wedding :) but I still LOVED every minute of it!!! Her dress was just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post - the royal wedding was simply gorgeous! Have a happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching the festivities, too, but I admit I didn't wake up for them. Just stalked them when I did wake up. We referenced Hebrews 11 at our church on Sunday, too, thought our lesson was from Genesis about Abraham's faith, being tested with Isaac. His surrender to obey God really has had me thinkin' about the caliber of my own faith... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i watched the wedding at a decent hour - long live dvr! ;) my favourite part of the whole thing was when Harry peeked back at Kate coming down the aisle, giggled something to Will and then tried to regain his composure! who says royals aren't real people!

    looking forward to hearing more about what the Lord is teaching you (and what you'll be wearing on wednesday!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello...I loved that special relationship between the brothers as well...so lovely. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post Michele!
    I am kicking myself for not having recorded the royal wedding!!! I don't know why I didn't but now I wish I did. They looked so happy. I hope they are. I love what you said about the brothers. They do seem close.

    Nothing wrong with buying your own gifts! I make sure to leave pictures and notes of what I want that way there is no mistake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails