photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Will's A.R. Field Trip

We're so proud of Will for earning a spot on the A.R. (Accelerated Reader) field trip to Globe Life Park in Arlington.  He read a lot of books and earned enough points to be in the top 10 of his class.  We found out on the day of the field trip that he was the top point earner for all of 1st grade.  I'm always hesitant to brag about Will or Ben's accomplishments, but since he worked really hard, I think he deserves the recognition.  We're really proud of him!

Will was super excited about the field trip once he found out he going.  It was probably one of his favorite things of his entire 1st grade year.  Mark was able to take off from work and go with Will.  I think it's great that Mark went with him because Mark is the one who helps Will with his homework on most nights since I'm usually cooking dinner.  Also, Mark and Will both love the Texas Rangers and a tour of the ballpark would be something they would enjoy way more than I would.  

It's been a week since they went on the field trip, but I haven't blogged about it because I've been sick with strep throat.  Thank goodness I'm feeling much better.  

Here are the guys beside the entrance to the Rangers batting cage

Inside the batting cage

Entrance to the Rangers locker room

 Rangers dugout

Here's another pic of Will and his best friend Keaton.  Keaton and several of the other students in Will's class got to go on the trip. It always makes things more fun when you get to go with your friends.

Way to go, Will!  I hope you have a lifelong love of books and reading.

One more thing, I must give a shout-out to Mark for taking a lot of photos on this field trip.  He normally doesn't take photos because I take so many, but he promised he would since I wouldn't be there.  Poor guy, that's what he gets being married to a woman with a blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails