photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Sunday, January 13, 2013

1 Timothy 1:5



1 Timothy 1:5 (NASB)
 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Mark and I have the privilege of being the teachers for the junior high students Sunday school class at our church.  Last week 1 Timothy 1:5  was one of the verses we studied.  If you'd asked me what memorable verse I could think of out of 1 Timothy, it would probably be 1 Timothy 4:12 (ESV) Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. There's no doubt that's an encouraging verse, but something about 1:5 jumped out at me when we studied it.

The verse was a like a checklist that I needed right now. 

We're getting ready to start our Ladies Bible study again and the thought of teaching that class gives me mixed emotions.  I'm nervous because I don't want to teach something incorrectly, humbled because my Bible knowledge pales in comparison to some of the ladies in our study, and most of all excited because I anticipate good things coming from this Bible study.   

As one of the leaders of the study my goal is 1 Timothy 1:5.  
I want to speak the truth in love.  
I want to have a pure heart.  
I want to have a good conscience.  
I want to have a sincere faith.

I know I have a lot of work to do.  I have so many flaws and feel really unqualified, but I'm willing to try.

By the way, we're studying the books of James and Jude.  I'll keep you updated on how it goes.


1 comment:

  1. Love this! I miss my Bible study....oh, to find the time to fit that in. So worth it! I will have to experience it through you. Please continue to share!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails