photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Friday, December 21, 2012

InstaDecember

 It's the most wonderful time of the year.
 
That's the hashtag you'd see with most of these photos.  Christmas is special, but once I've had kids it's even more magical.  Most of the month of December is spent making special memories with my littles.
 
The mini Christmas tree in my kitchen makes me happy while I wash dishes.  It's decorated with special cinnamon salt dough ornaments that the boys and I made last year.
 
Our tree
 
Another view
 
 
Let me geek out for a moment and confess that I'm addicted to the Hallmark Channel during the holidays.  I can't get enough of the "Countdown to Christmas".  I'm a sucker for a happy ending.  My husband just walks through the living room and rolls his eyes when he sees the TV.
 
I may have cheated and thrown in this photo from November.  It's just too darn cute.  Ben is usually wearing this Captain American costume.  You should read the cute story about Ben calling Jesus a superhero, here it is.
 
 
 One of my favorite things about the holidays is sending Christmas cards to friends and family.   
 
Another favorite thing is receiving Christmas cards. 
We have a lot of beautiful people in our lives. 
 
We started a new Christmas tradition with Will and Ben.  We wrapped up 24 Christmas books and each night they unwrap one and we read it.  They have loved it!
 
At the beginning of the month we had two birthday parties in one weekend.  This one was in Tyler, Texas.  The boys love a good party with birthday cake! 
 
The second party that weekend was for my adorable cousin's daughter, Harper.  Her mom, Laine, made the cutest cupcakes with the most adorable cupcake toppers.  Laine outdid herself.  The cupcakes were so yummy and looked precious. 
 
And, this is what Ben looked like after two birthday parties in one weekend. 
Exhausted! 
 
 
Will wrote his letter to Santa all by himself. 
 
How precious! 
This letter was printed in our small town's newspaper along with all of his other letters from students in his class. 
 
The ladies of our church had our 3rd annual Holiday Cookie Exchange party.  I baked snickerdoodles. 
 
The snickerdoodles I took to the party. 
 
Look at all of those cookies!
I love the ladies in our church! 
 
Just because they are cute and I wanted a photo of them in front of the tree. 
 
The weather was finally cold enough to wear boots and layers.  One day my coworkers and I showed up to school wearing leggings (jeggings) and boots.  It was a total coincidence that we had similar outfits.  Aren't they gorgeous!?!
 
Our faculty Christmas party was catered by Babe's Chicken. 
The banana pudding was out of this world! 
 
Well, this was taken the day of the tragedy in Newtown, CT.
No words other than the heart of every mother broke on that day when they heard the news.  I honestly can't think about it much or I sob.  My prayers are with all of those who are affected by this horrific tragedy.  I hugged and kissed my babies extra that night.  This smile is a smile of relief and a sign of a grateful heart to be home with my boys in the comfort of our home. 
 
This was pretty good for low fat. 
 
 
Fun surprise!
I was at a special ceremony for my preacher who had graduated from preacher training school that's in a city 75 miles away from where I live.  At the end of the service/ceremony, Kacie, a blog friend came up and introduced herself.  It's really a small world!  It was so cool to meet her in real life.
 
Tis' the season to get fun gifts from friends. 
Taylor Swift + Starbucks gift card = winner!!! 
 
I baked cupcakes for Will's class Christmas party.
Funfetti all the way!
My niece, Maggie, saved me because she decorated the cupcakes.  (By the way, she did a way better job than I ever could have done!) 
 
Maggie's masterpiece. 
 
Ahhh!  Red holiday cup, I {heart} you! 
 
Follow me on instagram @redbirdblue
 
InstaFriday @ Life Rearranged

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post. I love how you gift 24 books in the month of December. It's a great idea! Your home looks so festive! Merry Christmas to you and yours. I'm your newest follower on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have lots of fun with your two boys. We have two "boys" (16 and 19) as well and they've been awesome! It's great to have all those great memories of your Christmas on Instagram too...thanks for sharing your fun! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails