photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Saturday, June 19, 2010

LYLAS (Love You Like A Sister)

I’m not really sure how good friendships are formed. It’s hard to know when you are going to hit it off with someone. I don’t think it’s something you can plan, but it’s just something that happens. It’s neat to look back and see how a casual acquaintance can change from being someone you barely know to someone you know almost as well as yourself. I don’t consider myself to have a large circle of best friends, but I have several dear friends who I’m still very close to despite living many miles apart. Just recently I was lucky enough to spend a week with one of my dearest friends in the entire world. We met in college and have stayed in touch ever since. She’s like the sister I never had. Angela is beautiful, smart, creative, chic, savvy, laidback and fun to be around. Her house is amazing and looks like it could be in Better Homes and Gardens or House Beautiful. On top of that, she’s also a great mom and wife.
It had been almost two years since I’d seen her last. The last time we saw each other she was living in Pennsylvania and had a newborn baby. At this visit, I had a little baby who just turned one, her baby is now two and our oldest children are four and 3 and a half. The best thing about a best friend is you can pick up right where you left off. It didn’t feel like we hadn’t seen each other in two years. Hanging out with her reminded me of when we were roommates in college, just now we had husbands and 4 kids between us. I loved every minute of our visit and wish it could have lasted longer.
I’m thankful for good friends and especially friends like Angela. They are few and far between.

The Barbie exhibit at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis


Ben and Angela


Getting ready to say goodbye at the end of our visit. We're about to cry so I'm glad this photo is not a close up.


Angela has started blogging about all of her creative ideas at Unexpected Elegance. I'm super excited to see all of the inspiring things she's going to share.

1 comment:

  1. I would say all of that applies to you too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails