photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012...

I know I was going to take a "break" from blogging, but I agree with Jill's reason about why blogging is important.  She said she's motivated to blog so she can document her kids' lives.  That's basically why I blog, and I didn't want to skip one of the most special days of the year.  While I was at it, I got out my digital time machine AKA hard drive and looked up Mother's Day photos from 2007 until now.  Those sweet photos remind me how blessed I am and thankful that I'm Will and Ben's mother.  It also makes me grateful for the best Mama in the world.

Mother's Day 2012
Will is 5 1/2 and Ben will be 3 in less than a month.  
The day started with Mark making a donut run for the family.  I indulged and enjoyed my favorite--a jelly filled donut.  Next we headed to church.  The boys were really well behaved in church this morning, which was probably the best Mother's Day present of all.  After church we went to eat at my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant.  This has almost become a tradition.  We stopped by the nursing home to visit Mama Winnie before returning home.  Too bad in the afternoon Will started to run a low fever, otherwise it would have been the perfect day.




**************************************

Mother's Day 2007
Will was 6 months old.  I remember going to church that Sunday and everyone wishing me "Happy Mother's Day".  What a neat experience and special memory.  This started our Mother's Day tradition of taking photos every year in front of the house.  I love how bright the Stella d'Oro daylilies are around Mother's Day.




Mother's Day 2008
Will was 18 months old.



Mother's Day 2009 
Will is 2 1/2 and I'm 36 weeks pregnant with Ben in this photo.  Ben would make his arrival in the world in less than a month after this was taken.  This Mother's Day always has a special significance.  You can read more about the health issue I developed that day here.
 I'm not sure why I didn't stand up for this photo.  Mark says it's probably because Will wouldn't be still.  Wow!  Looking back I think that I didn't stand because I was so big. Clearly I was huge!


Mother's Day 2010
Such a special Mother's Day since I had both of my precious boys.  Will was 3 1/2 and Ben was 11 months old.



Mother's Day 2011
Will was 4 1/2 and Ben was almost 2.

I know this is crazy, but I can remember going to eat at my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant after church and thinking I was crazy for wearing these white pants, ha! 

We visited my grandma at the nursing home on the Saturday before Mother's Day. 

Well, that's Mother's Day 2007-2012!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! What fun pictures to look back on! I wish I was as organized as you and would have all my pictures categorized so I could easily look through them! That's a project I need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to look back. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past pictures are so sweet to see. You look so pretty in your black dress in this year's pictures! I love them all. You are such a wonderful mom, and I look up to you. I know we've never met in person, but you seem to have a sweet and gentle spirit, and your boys are so lucky to have you as their mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late Mother's Day! What a fun post - loved looking backing at your old photos! You are such a great mom! Hope all is well with y'all these days and your enjoying summer break!!! Ps. love that black dress!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails