photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Monday, December 7, 2015

Thanks For the Memories

This is our house in 2003, a year after it was built.  

Here's a final photo with the boys taken on Sunday after church in front of the house that was their first home. 

Today is a big day for our family.  We are scheduled to close on the sell of our home.  It's been a whirlwind the last few months, and I've been unusually silent on the blog.  There are several reasons why.  The main focus of our lives lately has been preparing our home to sell.  It feels strange to share some personal details of our lives, even though I'm open about things, the sell of our home just didn't feel right to blog about.  The other reason I've been distracted from blogging is that things are full steam ahead on construction of the new house.  Throw moving to a temporary home into the mix  and I don't know if I'm coming or going.  I haven't even had time to stop and process all that is happening, which may be a good thing.  There's no time to worry about things, we just have to get it done and move on.  

I don't have very much time, but I wanted to take a minute to slow down and reflect on the last 13 years in the house that's been our home, I feel overwhelmed with emotions.  This home has been full of such wonderful memories.  I can't even begin to describe how many happy moments I've experienced here.  I stood for a moment in the middle of the empty living room trying to think of all the good times, and the memories flooded through my mind.  It felt like a movie montage--all the faces, people, and moments.  Maybe one day I will write down some of them, but for now, I can only say that I am grateful for these four walls and the roof over our heads.  It's been more than just a shelter, it's been a home for my family.  First a home for Mark and I, and then for us as parents to Will and Ben.  It's hosted beloved family members who are no longer with us and numerous family and friends who we plan to have as guests at our new home where we will hopefully make many more happy memories together.

I'll be honest, as I sit here and type I'm crying and I can't stop the tears from coming down my face.  I think it's because of all the emotions I feel right now.  It's difficult to process the letting go of the tangible reminder of all of the memories I associate with this home.  Even though I'm sentimental with a touch of sadness, I mostly feel love and gratitude for the memories of all the good times that I have to cherish from this home.  It's been better than I could have imagined.

Thanks for the memories sweet first home.  
You've been good to our family. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new home! I know that it will be a place where lots of NEW memories will be made. We sold this summer and it is the WEIRDEST feeling to think about another family living in "our" house. We have SO loved our new home, though, that it's easy not to look back.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails