photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Friends

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis
 
It wasn't until I moved away from home and attended college that I made my first real best friends.  The quote above perfectly describes that experience.  I finally found people who I had "that moment" with and it was an amazing thing!
 
Two of my best friends from college, Kelly and Andrea, and I have reconnected over the last year.  We were very close for a couple of years in college and then life happened, as it usually does, and lives change.  We got married, started working at our jobs, and had babies.  We all know there's not ever another time in life like those carefree college days.  Honestly, I can't even imagine life with so few responsibilities.  Somehow we have reconnected despite having hectic lives and being in 3 different states.  Thanks to modern technology we've been able to renew our friendship.  I finally broke down and got a smart phone, which allowed us to communicate easily through group texts. 
 
I truly thank the Lord for the blessing these ladies have been in my life.  As I look back I can see how the Lord has allowed me to have friendships along the way that have encouraged me and helped shape me into the person I am today. 
 
Andrea and Kelly are both examples of devoted wives and loving mothers.  They are both encouraging, funny and devout Christians.  They are all those things, but most of all they are real.  They don't pretend that everything is perfect or act like they have it all together.  It's their humbleness that makes them even more encouraging. 
 
I'm so thankful for their friendship.  They continually bless me.
 
One of my favorite photos taken of us in 1998.
 
 
Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times


2 comments:

  1. Hi cousin, I so enjoy reading your posts. I don't get over to your blog very often so when I do, I have a lot to catch up on. I really like hearing about your milk glass/antiques/junk hunts and always stuff about family. I love scavenger hunting too, although I'm not into the milk glass. My thing right now is frozen charlottes (tiny porcelain dolls 2-3") from depression days. When school is out this year, I plan to revive my tired blog and put some energy into my etsy shop. Now when I visit your blog, I get a glass of sweet tea or a Dr. Pepper, read, catch up, and feel like we've had a nice visit when I'm done. Isn't the internet a wonderful tool?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails