photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Will's Thanksgiving Play

Will's kindergarten Thanksgiving play was last Thursday.  He was the cutest little turkey!  There are 3 sections of kindergarten in our small town and each class was assigned a different part for the play.  Will's class were the turkeys, and the other two were pilgrims and Native Americans.  One of the teacher's wrote the play about 10 years ago and each year the kindergarten class performs it.  I'd have to say an audience full of parents and grandparents are easily impressed.  I loved every minute of it!

It was left up to the parents to create, buy or make your child's costume.  I panicked a little bit because I'm not an artsy craftsy mom.  Mark wanted to buy a costume online, but I didn't want to spend $50 for a one-time use.  By the way, it's kind of challenging to find a turkey costume.  They aren't really sold with the typical costumes at Halloween, go figure!  Also, I didn't know if Will would even wear it if we bought one.  He's usually cooperative, but I was afraid he might get nervous and refuse to wear it.  Since I don't have a sewing machine I decided to go the easy route.  I used poster board and colored paper.  Even though I'm not crafty I can cut paper and use glue.  Some of the students were in full turkey costumes, which were too cute, and some of the students had simple costumes more like Will.  Will wore fall colors and his turkey headband that he made at school and his turkey feathers.  They all looked adorable.

In this photo, Will is singing the turkey song.
Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!


This song ends where they ate pizza for Thanksgiving day. 
Eat Pizza Not Turkey

Here's a photo of the back of his turkey feathers.  I didn't realize how wide I'd made the costume so he had to sit on the back row because he was a rather wide turkey, ha!


Doing a little dance. 


Ben was so good during the play. 

Both of my little turkeys!


1 comment:

  1. So sweet and cute! There is nothing better than being able to see these moments where our kids shine ;)
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails