photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Road Trip 2013 {Indiana}

Road Trip 2013 {Indiana}

At the beginning of July we headed north to Indiana.  The start to our road trip was a little rocky.  We decided to drive straight through to Indiana from Texas.  This seemed like a great idea at the time.  Now we see we were a little over ambitious, ha!  We did great until we hit Illinois.  It started raining and there was road construction.  Plus, my boys aren't the best car riders and we needed more stops than we planned.  Almost 18 hours later, we arrived late at night, but most importantly we arrived safely.

Indiana was our first stop on our road trip because one of my best friends, Angela, and her sweet family live there.  We didn't have any big plans for our time together other than to hang out and let the kids play, and that's exactly what we did.  It was wonderful!  Angela and I were able to spend time together and talk about life, our faith, raising children, our marriages, blogging, and all sorts of other things in between.  We laughed and we cried.  I'm so blessed to have her as a friend.

Here are some random photos from our trip.

One of the neatest things about Angela's neighborhood is this wooded path.  We took the kids on an "adventure" and everyone loved it except for Ben.  He still wants to be carried and he doesn't want the big kids to leave him behind.  Bless his heart.  He's in the "I'm big when it's convenient and little when it's convenient" phase.

Angela's neighbors are the best and we spent July 4th with them.  My boys had the best time playing football with the neighborhood boys in the backyard. We made s'mores and when it got dark Scott put on a fireworks show.


Mark played cornhole for the first time.  When in Indiana...


The boys shared a room with the girls, and I couldn't help but laugh at my boys among all of the princesses, flowers, and pink.  Too funny!  I have a feeling they will pitch a fit over this photo in years to come.


These kiddos definitely know technology.  Wii, iPads, and computers kept everyone happy.


Mark went with Angela's husband Scott to a Cincinnati Reds game.

We stayed in Indy and took the kids to a movie.  The kids loved it!  I did too!

Just a few highlights from our trip.  The only bad thing was having to tell everyone goodbye.  My boys asked several times after leaving the girls if we could go back to their house.  They really missed them, and they still talk about them almost every day.

I'm thankful for good friends, fun times, and special memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails