photo michele1.png  photo michele2.png  photo michele3.png  photo MIchele4.png

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happiness Is...

Happiness is cold watermelon on a hot day.

It's HOT in Texas. One of the most refreshing things you can enjoy on a hot, humid day is cold watermelon. I LOVE watermelon. Have you ever seen someone trying to select a watermelon in the store? Usually there's a lot of thumping involved. I don't know if that technique is effective or not, but I have a thump-free method that I use. Once I read that you should look for a yellow discolored area on the watermelon rind. This would be a sign that the watermelon had time to lay on the ground and ripen naturally. It's yellow where the watermelon was touching the ground. Ever since I read that I look for the yellow area when I'm selecting a watermelon. So far I've had good luck in choosing ones that are pretty tasty. Wish I could share some with you. It's delicious!

You can see the lighter green, yellowish color on the rind in this photo.




Refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails