Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What I Wore Wk 36

What I Wore Week 36

I started my blog a little over a year ago and began participating in WIWW soon after that.  I was pretty faithful in posting until the end of 2010 and I was a little burned out with WIWW.  I took a short break and have been back with WIWW posts ever since.  As with many other ladies who participate in WIWW, I question if it's vain to be concerned so much with my appearance and clothes.  I feel silly in most of my photos.  I'm not a fashion blogger, which means I have no fashion inspiration to offer.

So here I am at week 36 still plugging along with the daily photographs (well, almost daily) and I'm still linking up to the Pleated Poppy.

Why do I keep doing it?

It's accountability to not wear the same thing over and over and it's motivation to try new things. Also, it's the best way to meet other bloggers.  Link ups are an incredible way to get introduced to other bloggers who are like-minded.  

That's why I'm still here 36 weeks later.

I don't know if I ever intended to do WIWW for this long, but almost a year later, here I am.

Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday: Church
skirt and purple layering tank: J Crew outlet
white top: Old Navy
black flip-flops: Ann Taylor LOFT

Thursday: Going for a run.
I'm back into running.  Read more here.
shorts: Nike outlet
 running shoes: Nike outlet
t-shirt: school spirit t-shirt

Sunday: church
I bought this outfit just to match my shoes.  Seriously!
pencil skirt and top: Banana Republic outlet
high heels: TJ Maxx
Love the detail on this top.
The shoes that made the outfit!



What my husband has been wearing!
Go Mavs!  NBA Champs!
He's a true fan of all of the Dallas sports teams so this championship made him one happy guy.

pleated poppy

3 comments:

  1. If not for WIWW, we would never have stumbled upon each other. I agree, it's such a fun experience, even when it's a challenge.

    I gasped when I saw your pink top and pencil skirt. And those shoes!!! That is just a beautiful outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought the same thing - about the vanity - and the fact that I sometimes feel like my blog now has more pictures of me instead of my family on it. :) But, I do completely agree about the accountability - and it does make me want to plan ahead, put a little more effort into myself and try new things - which then makes me feel better about myself - which makes me happier - which makes me a better wife, mama and friend. See how well I rationalized that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Banana Republic outfit and the shoes are darling! I just recently started WIWW after "stalking" it for awhile. I always feel funny taking pictures (and posting so many) too.

    But today a friend of mine said "I notice that you're dressing nicer later" and my family has commented as well, so I guess I really need this meme, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails