Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday Wk 20

I can't believe this is my 20th week!

I started this way back in the summer.  I took a short break at the end of 2010, but I'm back and ready to take on 2011.

Here are a few random thoughts about the last 20 weeks of my WIWW posts.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to stop by!  Each and every comment someone leaves makes me smile.  It's so encouraging!

Second, I buy a lot of my clothes at the Gap and Old Navy because I'm a cardholder and the perks are great.  I really like Banana Republic, too.  There's an outlet mall about 30 or 45 minutes from where I live, and the J Crew, Ann Taylor and Gap outlet have pretty good deals.  If I have time when I'm in Target, then I like to shop their clearance section.  I also like Nordstrom Rack for shoes and other random finds.  My dream store is Anthropologie.  Who doesn't love Anthro?  I only shop there several times a year for my birthday or Christmas.

Third, I buy all of my clothes on sale.  I'm a teacher married to a teacher so I don't have to tell you that we're not in the profession for the paycheck.  I'm a bargain shopper for practical purposes, but I think I'd still bargain shop even if I didn't have a budget.  Who doesn't love the thrill of a good deal?

Fourth, I don't claim to know anything about fashion at all.  In real life I feel like a pretty big nerd.  When I'm shopping I look at ladies in the store who are chic and have great style and I just copy whatever they are buying.  Seriously!

Fifth,  I keep coming back to WIWW because I love meeting new people, getting inspiration for new outfits and forcing myself to be more thoughtful about the clothes I choose to wear.

This is about the clothes not my random thoughts.  Enough rambling!

Wednesday: school
I sort of feel like a SNL Sprocket in this outfit :)
Black cowl neck top: Ann Taylor LOFT
Gray pants: Old Navy
Gray ruffle flats: Gap outlet
Earrings: Premier Design

Thursday: school
Pants: Banana Republic
Beige Drapey Cardi: Forever 21
Blue top: Target
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelets: H&M in Chicago this summer on our road trip
(read about our 2010 Road Trip here and here)
Wedding Ring: my wonderful husband
Shoes: Born bought at Nordstrom Rack


Friday: school
Skinny jeans: Target
Stripe top: TJ Maxx
Gray cardi: Old Navy (it's new)
Black boots: Gap outlet
Necklace: Lisa Leonard family tree 
Ring: Sundance

 Saturday: visited my grandpa and went shopping
Skinny jeans: Target (same as Friday)
Black and white stripe top: Gap
Blue cardi: Old Navy (new only $3)
Necklace: Lisa Leonard
Black boots: Gap outlet

Sunday: church
Black pants and black skinny belt: Gap
Blue cardi: Old Navy (same as Saturday)
Black ruffle top: Gap outlet
 Black pointy kitten heels: BCBG bought at Nordstrom Rack

Monday: school
Entire outfit: Old Navy except shoes
Gray ruffle flats: Gap outlet
Jewelry: Premier Jewelry


Tuesday: school
Pants and green and white top: Old Navy
Sweater: Gap outlet
Shoes: Aeropostale
The shoes are about five years old, but I still really like them. 


I'll be linking up to the Pleated Poppy. 
Head over and check out other bloggers who linked up.
the pleated poppy blog

16 comments:

  1. I am loving the belted cardigan and the soft draped one, so chic this week honey. Have a wonderful week. axx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your outfits. We are of like mind when it comes to shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits are very cute and look comfortable, too! Love those cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used the same pieces yet completely transformed them!!! From casual to chic in 2 days - LOVE IT.

    Plus, add in that great cream Gap sweater and your adorable shoes=one of my favorite Michele WIWW weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve your outfits! And you are right, those shoes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfits! I wear a lot of Gap clothes, truth be known if my mother didn't work there and get a nice discount it wouldn't happen, but I so love their jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see no nerd, I see super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely look fashionable to me! :) You definitely have a sense of your own style, which is great. I also like your random thoughts.

    From online browsing, I see that I really like Anthropologie clothes but have never been to a store. I will be looking for one soon to check it out in person! :) Of course, as a teacher, I will probably be doing more browsing than buying, but it's still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you pull off the long cardigans so well! very cute! and i love the five-year-old shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked reading all your WIWW thoughts :) Great outfits, and you have some very pretty necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one rockin mom! I loove your outfits! What an inspiration! I have an etsy shop so if you are interested in the necklace you can find it there!! =)

    xoxo
    Sarah
    murdockmemoirs.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/peacefullyhooked

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! You have a very classy and neat look! And I love those shoes in the last picture wish my feet weren't so wide so I could wear flats, ha ha. Happy day friend!
    ~Molly P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I have said this before! I love all your outifits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i distinctly remember a phase i went through where my GOAL was to look like an SNL sprocket as often as possible! :)

    (and every time i see your aeropostal flats with the jewels, i kick myself!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails