Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday Wk 13

What I Wore Wednesday Wk 13

Thanks for taking time to check out my What I Wore.  If you've never been to my blog, here's a little about me.  I'm a wife, mom to two precious little boys and junior high history teacher.  I live in a small, rural town in Texas. 

At the school where I'm a teacher, we are only allowed to wear jeans on Fridays with a school spirit shirt.  This week was a little different and we were allowed to wear jeans ALL WEEK because it was Drug Free Red Ribbon Week.  I took advantage of the freedom to wear jeans on a few days but not all.  The reason I didn't wear jeans the entire week was because our washing machine was broken, and I didn't have any clean jeans.  Bummer for me.  Thank goodness the new washing machine was delivered on Tuesday, and I could catch up on laundry.

Sunday: church
and
Tuesday: school
Dark Gray Pants: Old Navy
Berry Button Top: Anthropologie
Gray Ruffle Flats: Gap outlet


Monday: School
Black capris: Old Navy
Ruffle Top: Banana Republic (one of my favorite tops)
Black cardi: Gap outlet
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction, Nordstrom Rack

Wednesday: School and Bible study/church 
Jeans: Banana Republic (on sale around $10!)
Bird top: J Crew outlet
Shoes: TOMS
Necklace: Lisa Leonard Designs
New Lisa Leonard family tree necklace that I won.  I was so excited that I won a blog giveaway that I wrote about it here.  I LOVE my new necklace!

Thursday: school 
Jeans: Old Navy
White top: Gap outlet
Striped cardi: Old Navy
Red flats: Gap
Necklace: Lisa Leonard Designs
Ring: Sundance gift from my husband for my 30th birthday (3 yrs ago)


Saturday: baby shower (that's me second from the right) 
Plum Ruffle Dress: Banana Republic outlet (on sale only $17!)
Gray cardi: J Crew outlet
Black leggings: Forever 21 (you can't see them)
Flats: Ann Taylor LOFT (can't see those either)

Random observations since I've started WIWW.

Most of my pants are a little snug and I have the "muffin top" around my waistline. You know what I mean, that gross extra skin and flab that's just over the top of your jeans or pants.

I still have about 10 lbs of baby weight to lose. (Confession: my baby is now 16 months old!)

I bought new towels in my bathroom because my old white towels looked really dingy in the background of my WIWW photos.

I'm really self-conscious about doing WIWW. That's why I usually put some silly disclaimer that I'm a total dork and don't claim to know anything about fashion.

Like many others have said in their WIWW posts, I feel really weird taking photos of myself. I don't know how to stand.  I don't know where to put my arms.  Do I smile or not smile? 

If you see me showing my face in a photo, please know that it probably took me 5-10 shots to get one where you can see my complete outfit and my face. I usually cut off my head or don't get my shoes in the photo.

My husband is usually laughing at me in the background when I'm taking a photo.  I love that he doesn't let me take myself too seriously.

I thought doing WIWW would help me be content with the clothes I have, but I still shop as much as ever.  I buy everything on sale, but I still shop.  Retail therapy, anyone else feeling it?

Doing WIWW has helped me be more creative with my outfits and wear things I probably wouldn't have worn before. e.g. leggings, skinny jeans, more accessories

Last observation, Lindsey at the Pleated Poppy is pretty cool for being brave enough to start the WIWW trend for many of us and the link up party.  She's provided a place for like-minded bloggers to meet, and I appreciate that.  Thanks for giving us the opportunity to bond over clothing!

the pleated poppy blog


13 comments:

  1. Love your accessory on the first picture, I have a few of those myself! I love it when they have to be apart of the picture.

    Blessings & Giggles
    Jeanie
    http://www.examiner.com/stay-at-home-moms-in-tacoma/what-i-have-been-wearing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely great outfits!!! Love that red anthro top and the bird tee from Jcrew.

    I think WIWW is totally different for everyone and you have done such an awesome job documenting you and your sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teach too and we can only wear jeans with a spirit shirt...and I gotta say-sometimes I am in the jeans mood but NOT the tshirt mode! Ya' know what I mean?

    Super cute outfits!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have great fashion! Makes my WIWW look really pathetic LOL
    And most of us have about 10 extra pounds. :) You don't look it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. $10 for those jeans! Wow, I love them! I also won a Lisa Leonard giveaway, but I cannot decide which necklace to purchase! I love the one that you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy awesome for winning that give away! And the necklace is lovely on you- isn't that just the craziest feeling when you win?! like dance around like a crazy person crazy? love your revelations about WIWW and I am totally cracking up that you bought new towels :) I agree, I have been more adventurous/more conscious of my clothing choices since starting. thanks for stopping by my Idaho woods as always, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your comment! I really like your red top, such a fun pattern. Funny you mention how WIWW doesn't help curb your retail therapy need. After looking through so many stylish women's outfits, I think I NEED to go shopping.
    NO ONE I know has any idea I blog. This might change, but I don't want to feel I have to censor what I say or feel because someone I know might judge. So, for right now I am content to be faceless ;)! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your washing machine woes--but you made it through still looking cute. :) Your red top with the button detail and the ruffle tank look great!

    I feel a little self-conscious taking pics for WIWW and I worry posting about it on my log each week seems vain or frivolous--that's not my intention at all--and I know it's not the intention of Lindsey's challenge. For some reason though it's working to make me more intentional with getting myself together most days and overall that's a good thing.

    I also like seeing how different people pair up clothes and accessories and it helps me see my own things in a new way--like I can try that too. No, that doesn't stop the retail therapy bug completely though (for me), but I'm trying not to let WIWW feed that desire too much--it's hard though sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I can wear a belt than you can too! Honestly I am always scared to try new fashion trends and am usually about 5 yrs behind on everything. I decided to suck it up and try an belt. Turns out that I love it.

    I love that jcrew bird tee. Very cute. Also i really like your ruffled banana top.

    I have a question for you? How do you like your toms? I was thinking about getting some. What color are yours? I can't tell if they are an olive or a brown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, I feel like WIWW makes me want to run out and go shopping! But I think you look great in these pics, don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your style is darling. glad i stopped by. you have a delightful blog.

    btw- my baby is 8.5, and i'm still sporting a muffin top.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'm so happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails